http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reading Challenges for 2013

 Ever since I can remember I have loved to read.  My grandmother used to read to me all the time which is probably why I have this love of reading.  When I read its like a movie plays in my head especially when its a good book that I can really get into.  The first time I remember it happening I was reading Curious George and the pictures were in my head and became a movie.   I participated in a challenge last year through Goodreads and am again this year through them.  After reading several blogs and the challenges that their bloggers are participating in I decided that I would follow suit.  Take a look at the challenges below and if so inclined participate in one or more.


Reading Challenge Addict

The Reading Challenge Addict challenge is for those of us who participate in one or more reading challenges.


2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge  is a challenge where you set your own goal.  You update what you are reading on the Goodreads website and your progress is tracked.


2013 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge hosted by The Book Vixen
The 2013 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge fits right in with my goal to read more than I did last year.  If you have this same goal the jump in and join us.  Last year I read 26 books and I'm looking to outdo last years number.

Do you have a reading goal?  If so join in on a challenge or two.




10 comments:

  1. I read to my son and my magazine, but I am not a book reader - so no goals there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and two of my three kids aren't book readers either. They think I'm insane they way I go through books. I'm always reading something, books, magazines, blogs, you name it I'll read it.

      Delete
  2. I read like crazy I think I have at least a 1000 books on my Kindle. I usually read 1 to 2 books a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, my kindle has about 400 books but my bookshelves at home...well lets just say I need more shelves and space. I'm one to go back and reread a book 3, 4, or 100 times. Yes I really do have a book that I'm sure I have read 100 times.

      Delete
  3. I read like crazy. Do you know any challenges that count reading ebooks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my books now are on ereaders. Take a look at the Goodreads.com site and see if the ebooks you are reading are on there. If not try contacting the author and have them sign up and list their ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I haven't heard of anything like this before, but it sounds like a really cool thing to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting my Goodreads tracker up soon, which will keep me on track with my reading, I wouldn't want anyone to see that I didn't meet my goal. Too bad reading blogs don't count LOL

      Delete
  6. This is an awesome idea! I am also so much into reading and now own a Kobo. And that is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Will stay connected! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my ereader. I carry over 400 books with me everywhere I go. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete