http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/ http://www.buttonshut.com/

Monday, January 7, 2013

Paleo Challenge Time!

Well it's almost 2:30 am here and I'm still awake planning my meals for the week!  WTH?!?!  I have to work tomorrow and I'm still sitting here laptop teetering on the arm of the couch.  I'm trying to figure out who is going to be here and who isn't and their likes and dislikes...ummmm wait a minute I AM THE MOM!  Why am I trying to appease the people who live in my house?  Ok so this week everyone will be happy with my meals that I have planned, if not they can go raid the fridge.

I have actually been looking forward to this challenge since it was posted on the board at our box.  The last one was good and I did have some good results from it.  Now granted I was very lax on keeping track of everything like I should and you only had so many days to post it only, so yeah it shows as if I really sucked at the challenge.  Oh well it was my first and it was a learning experience.

I visited a lot of my favorite sites tonight to get recipes and will be posting recipes along with how the meals went over with the rugrats and the hubby.  Tonight's meal went over very well getting an "OMG this is good from the hubby".  I served it over rice because hey I needed to have a last hurrah, ok ok the cheesecake was the last hurrah but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do ya know.


Ingredients for Drunk Sausage
Drunk Sweet Sausage

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups red wine
  • 1 (28-oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 2 tablespoon sage
  • 2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 small onion
  • 15 sweet Italian sausages

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350.  Put everything into your food processor except the sausage and process until you have a sauce like consistency.  Place the sausages into a baking dish and pour the sauce over and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.
Getting the sausage drunk

What I lo-lo-loved about this recipe is that I didn't have to chop anything so not a lot of prep time.  This will be a quick go to meal for me in the future.  This was really yummy and got a thumbs up from everyone tonight.

Have you started any type of a challenge in the new year or made a New Year's resolution?

At the End of the Day...





2 comments:

  1. This is a great challenge. I've seen the word "Paleo" elsewhere, but still don't know what it really means. Good luck. Love organic....I'm been eating healthy for a while now, but do slack off a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paleo is getting back to eating like the caveman, Paleolithic. No dairy, no grains, and no sugars, the things that the cavemen would have eaten...natural. We cut out all preprocessed foods a year ago at our house so this has been the next step. We all slack off from time to time.

    ReplyDelete